Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cementerio de la Recoleta & Barbaro in BsAs

On the way to the airport in the morning, the taxi driver & I got to practise our feeble English & Spainsh respectively. It's wonderful how far you can get by saying "I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish :(" (in Spanish) & then proceeding to give it a go... Being such friendly people, they can't resist playing along & then offering their best shot at English when all else fails :)






Back in Buenos Aires, I checked in to my wonderfully comfortable downtown hotel & after lounging in a bath for a good while, went out walking.  The famous Cementerio de la Recoleta was remarkable & I could happily have spent quite a lot more time there, were it not for the humourless young security guard who Insisted that it was closing time.















Dinner ended up being at a *wonderful* place I found near my hotel, called Barbaro.  The decor, lighting, vibe, waiter & food combined to make me wish I was a local that could adopt the place as a favourite haunt!





No comments:

Post a Comment